Sunday, August 9, 2009

She's off to camp

Kayla is off to camp today. A sports and adventure camp is offering foster care children an opportunity to go to a week-long camp free of charge. As the normal fee for this camp is $1,500, this is a great opportunity for these kids. I wasn't sure Kayla would want to go but she was excited about it. Kids from all over the South will be there and she will get to experience all different sorts of kids with all different backgrounds. I'm hoping maybe being around these children who are no longer with their parents may help enable her to open up more about her past. We'll see. But she gets a week away one last time before school starts and I get a week to recharge before the crazy school/dance routine begins for the year. Now I have to figure out what to do with myself for a week!

No comments: