Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day=Lazy Day

We had a great weekend, which I wish I could extend because I was getting some much needed rest. I arrived at my parents' house with a horrific sinus infection but was able to get into a walk-in clinic the next morning and get a steroid shot and some antibiotics so I was all pumped up by the time the football game started. It was Kayla's first Razorback game and she had a grand time. Me, not so much, because we barely pulled the game out and I went through a whole thing of kleenex while sitting there suffering with the Hogs. My niece Carley spent the night with Kayla the whole weekend and they had a blast hanging out with each other and entertaining each other while I caught up on some much needed rest. Sunday was a blessed day of rest. I didn't do anything I didn't want to do and caught up on some sleep and book reading. My parents had a cookout Sunday night and my three-year-old niece Isabella spent the night with the "big girls." Kayla had a great time and didn't want it to end...I didn't either. It was nice to get away from daily responsibilities for a while and just rest and be with family.

Now we are back to the daily grind and Kayla starts her first dance class today and has another tomorrow so we will have a couple of late nights. And Gustav is here with wind and rain for the next three days so I will miss my much-needed sunshine this week.

No comments: