Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Odds and ends

It is officially freezing outside...and I can't breathe. I'm apparently allergic to heat so as soon as it's turned on in the house I become stopped up.

Kayla had two big birthday parties to go to this weekend. A slumber party on Friday and a costume party Saturday night. I didn't see her from Friday morning until 10:00 Saturday night...and I missed her. I didn't know what to do with myself on Saturday so I was absolutely lazy in a way that I haven't been able to be for months. I stayed in bed and read books and listened to the heartbreaking Hogs game and did nothing! I don't think I'll be able to do that again for a long time. I'm so glad that Kayla is making friends. She seems to fit right in with all the kids at school. She said last week that someone told her that she "was the most fashionable girl in school." I had to laugh at that because of the extreme budget clothes buying we do, but hey I do know how to find cute clothes at a bargain!

I attempted to bake pumpkin bread on Sunday and it was horrible. I don't know what I did wrong but I guess I'm not meant to be a baker. This is why I buy ready-to-eat food at the store...I apparently am missing the cooking gene.

Our local anchorwoman, Anne Pressly, was murdered in her home last week and Kayla has asked a million questions about it. She was on the station we always watch and lived not far from us and real close to some of Kayla's friends. Kayla wanted to drive by her house last night to see all the memorials, etc. It is a horribly sad and unimaginable crime that has left many of us, including me, sleepless all week. It's hard to answer your child's questions about why someone would do something like this....because really why would someone do something like this?

It's offically Halloween week and we've got pumpkins to carve, Boo at the Zoo to go to, and Halloween night to contend with so it should be another busy and hectic week at our household. Will it ever slow down?

No comments: