Monday, June 22, 2009

My crazy summer

Okay so I started my new job and I quit after two days. I have never done anything like that before in my life but I knew after everything else I didn't want to be miserable at work also. But I didn't leave without another job. I called an attorney I used to work for and and asked him if he was still needing someone and he said yes so I've been working for him the last four days. I really like it. I get to do all the research and writing I want, which is what I love to do. I had to take a pay cut but these days I'm valuing serenity more than money. Let's see how long that lasts!

I've been super busy adjusting to the new job and dealing with the fallout of my house. The buyers backed out last week after we had renewed our offer on the house we were going to buy. Nothing is going my way this month so I'm giving up. If something's meant to happen, it will happen.

Kayla has been busy hanging out at the pool. I found a couple of friends who were willing to let her tag along on their summer days so she is doing fine. We started back with family therapy tonight and it went really well. The therapist said she could see we had come a long way since she saw us last--so maybe one thing is going right and it's the most important. Kayla's spending the night with a friend tonight so I'm trying to catch up on my rest but I think I need about five more days....

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Good for you! It takes guts to leave a job and take a pay cut, especially in a tough economy. That is seriously impressive! Isn't it funny how our priorities change as we age and become parents and all that other stuff? It's definitely a good thing, though. Congratulations!!

RamblingMother said...

glad to know you have a job. I am still looking. You will find a house eventually that you love.