Friday, May 30, 2008

Meeting Kayla

I met Kayla for the first time earlier today. I met the caseworker at her foster parents'/great-aunt and uncle's house at 4:00. Kayla had on a Razorback shirt and had made me a Razorback (she already knows me well) and a photo album of her life. The caseworker said that's the first time they have ever seen a kid make a photo album for the adoptive parent. She was absolutely beautiful and will have the boys sleeping on my porch in a few years' time. I took her to dinner at a Mexican restaurant and started finding out who Kayla really is. She loves lime green and purple, Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, American Idol, shopping (we're going to be trouble together!), movies, and her favorite thing at school is boys. She hates chocolate and cake. She also "rocks" at science and wants to be a crime scene investigator. She is the reigning Miss Arkansas Young Miss. Her number one passion in life is dancing and she is incredibly talented at it. I watched her dance rehearsal and she was amazing and I'm not just saying that. I fixed her make-up and made sure she was dressed on time. I talked to her family who are absolutely incredible people--some of the warmest, friendliest people I've met. No one but God could have brought us all together. I am so blessed. I have never in my life felt with such conviction all the way to the bones that I am doing God's will and at times it is overwhelming to comprehend how much my life has changed in just a few weeks' time. I have yet to wrap my head around it all, but I've never felt closer to God than I do right now. How Great is my God indeed.

No comments: