Monday, February 2, 2009

Family counseling, round two

We had our visit with the new therapist and I think I'm really going to like her. Kayla even said she liked her better because she said the other one made her "talk about her feelings." We just did an intake visit and answered a million questions. Our first official visits will start in two weeks and we will have one hour of individual therapy for her and then one hour of family therapy. We got late appointments, though, so it shouldn't be too bad. But it will probably make a VERY long night for her. We also have to visit the psych again in a couple of weeks. Kayla probably doesn't need any medication--if anything, she's got some ADD issues flaring up so that may need to be addressed. But all in all it went really well. I also like that we are going to have family counseling every week instead of every other week. I think that will really help. So hopefully this will be a good thing. I'm learning a lot how to deal with constant change in my life--something I was never any good at.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Glad things went well. Hope they continue to go that way.

Sally's World said...

i hope you get a lot out of the councilling, i know it feels like an 'interogation' at first, but it can help in so many ways!

Unknown said...

Hey..wish you all the best in this family counseling thing... Trust me it really helps..It worked like magic for me. God Bless You!

Mac said...

In Family Therapy, the family is seen as a "whole" system, rather than just as the sum of its individual members. As with individual and group therapy, Family Therapy is used to approach a wide variety of therapeutic goals.


family counseling ma