Friday, February 27, 2009

TGIF

So it's Friday and I'm waiting for the electrician to finish installing my ceiling fan and it's taking forever. It's been one of those weeks...everything that has happened has just managed to frustrate me endlessly. I am tired and stressed. Right now, I wish I could do nothing but sleep for two days. But that is a dream that is never going to come true. One of the biggest changes I have had to deal with being a single mother is no longer getting to crawl under the covers and hide from the world when I'm exhausted or having a bad day and there is no husband to ask to take over with the kids while I take some time for myself. I have to keep going no matter what I feel like or what is going on and some days I feel like I'm going to collapse from sheer exhaustion but somehow I make it through the day. I guess it's because we have no other choice, right?

Kayla started on her ADHD medication this week and I have seen no change. She is still hyper at night, she still struggles to get her homework done, etc. We saw the therapist last night and she is going to have the doctor's nurse call me today...hopefully. However, she has been going to bed earlier and getting up earlier instead of me having to tell her repeatedly to get out of bed in the morning. She even made coffee for me this morning! That was a nice surprise to wake up to. They put her on some medication to help her sleep at night and that seems to be working well. Now if we can just get the correct dose on the other one, we will be good to go.

3 comments:

RamblingMother said...

Yes, TGIF!

Holly said...

HOpe you get some rest and the meds worked out. Glad to hear about the coffee this morning!

Tracey said...

I feel you about the single parent thing. And I was stupid enough to ground mine for the weekend so I'm stuck inside with her for two days listening to how unfair her life is!

Good news about the meds, and the sleeping thing is huge! I imagine it's a bit of trial and error before you find the right dosage but hang in there, it will happen.