Friday, September 4, 2009

The calm after the storm

There hasn't been much to say lately because things are going pretty smoothly right now. Kayla and I are getting ready to finalize, her attitude has been really good (other than the typical teenage moodiness), she's opening up to me more about what's going on in her life. We've come really far. We're still in therapy for now but the therapist believes we can probably terminate once we finalize and just come back when and if we need her.

I'm settling into my new job. I like it okay but I am considering a big career change. I need to think and pray on that for a while, though. Kayla is doing good in school so far and enjoys her dance classes. The weeks fly by since we go from work to dinner to dance to bed every night. It's a fast-moving routine. Our house is still on the market--things are slow now--but I'm convinced it will work out like it's supposed to.

We are heading to Oklahoma today to see my sister who recently moved there. My parents are joining us there too and we will have a fun few days before the manic Fall season begins. I'm just so glad that life feels pretty calm once more. I didn't know if that would happen a couple of months ago but we made it through. I'm starting to get good at these major life adjustments which is scary coming from me who craves routine and hates change. I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I'm glad things have settled for you guys!

Holly said...

Glad things are settling. Have a good trip.