Monday, September 21, 2009

The sun will come out....

I'm exhausted. We've had rain for two weeks here. I finally saw the sun today for the first time in I don't know when but rain is forecast again for tomorrow. I don't know how much more of this I can take. It greatly affects my mood.

Kayla and I are heading into the home stretch with our court date. She doesn't really like to talk about it much but she's never liked to talk about her feelings. I'm just hoping deep down inside she is okay with everything...or at least somewhat okay. If she's having feelings about her own family, it's hard to tell. Our communication is much better these days, though, than it was this time last year. She tells me her grades as soon as she gets them, even if they're bad. She talks to me about her friends. And on a good day she'll talk to me about the guys she likes. We went to her school's open house last week and I got to meet her teachers. She's doing well so far this year in school. She's taking Spanish and Algebra, both which our high school level classes.

As for me, I'm trying to take advantage of all the time she is at dance class to do some things for myself. Go to the gym, meet friends for dinner or coffee, and I've also started dabbling again in some freelance writing. I used to freelance years ago but then life got in the way and I'm hoping I can get some extra money doing something I enjoy. We'll see where it goes. Life is definitely an adventure now. No two days are the same. And even though I'm constantly tired, I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments: