Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9/11

I can't believe it's been eight years....this day will always get to me. I was in my first week at a new job in Washington, D.C., one block from the capitol. We thought our city was being bombed and when they finally figured out it was planes and one was heading for the capitol we were told to evacuate immediately. Outside it was utter chaos with everyone trying to get out of downtown D.C. Traffic was in a gridlock and cars were honking their horns. People were screaming and crying on the sidewalk. A couple of co-workers and I got on the subway and headed to Maryland. It was eerily quiet and we all held hands and prayed as we didn't know if someone was going to try to blow up the subway or not. I haven't felt fear like that ever or since and I hope I never do. It is a day I will never forget.

No comments: