Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas at the crack of dawn

Kayla was so excited about Christmas that she woke up at 4:30 a.m. We opened presents around 6:00 a.m. I haven't been up that early for Christmas in years. She was so excited at everything she got. Santa brought her an American Girl doll and she had two stockings full of stuff. One was taller than she was. My dad cooked us Christmas breakfast and then I was off to bed again by 9:00 a.m. Later that afternoon, we all went to see Marley and Me. Having read the book, I thought I would be prepared for how sad it would be but my mom and I were both bawling in the theater. Marley looked exactly like our precious lab Lady who died a few years ago.

Even though I was not feeling good, I did manage to get to the mall the day after Christmas. Not even an illness will stop me from shopping good sales! I found a lot of good bargains and Kayla and my niece got to spend some of their Christmas money.

We had a wonderful holiday spending time with family and eating good food. Kayla feels like a part of the family now for sure and everyone has embraced her. I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the rest of 2008.

1 comment:

Holly said...

So glad you had a nice Christmas, even if it was a bit early. We were blessed this year with the Butterfly sleeping half the morning!