Monday, December 22, 2008

Twas the weekend before Christmas...

and all through the house not a creature was stirring not even a mouse...and certainly not Kayla! Kayla is so excited for Christmas. Her excitement starts building all day and by the end of the night she is totally hyperactive. And of course this is the time of day when I am wiped out. Makes for interesting conversation ;). However, it is wonderful to see Christmas through the eyes of a child this year....to them it is something really special.

We had dinner at a Japanese restaurant on Friday night with Kayla's aunt and uncle and little cousin whom she lived with the past year. We exchanged Christmas presents and had a good time seeing them again. Her little cousin gave me a ring which I proudly wore all night.

Saturday, we went to see my 94-year-old grandmother and gave her her Christmas present. We spent time sitting and talking with her. She's lived an incredible life and it's neat to hear her tell stories of my dad growing up.

Saturday night we went to eat Mexican food and see a movie and called it our Christmas dinner. I also gave Kayla her early Christmas present she has been begging endlessly to open. It was pajamas from Limited Too, her favorite store. The poor girl has no winter pajamas so hopefully she will be warmer now when she sleeps.

Yesterday, we got up and went to church and had communion for Christmas. The sanctuary was decorated so beautiful and the big screens showed snow falling. I left there feeling like it really is Christmas and remembering the reason why it is Christmas.

Last night we had Christmas dinner with the woman I call my "Little Rock mom" and her husband. We exchanged presents and Kayla loved the little angel dancer they got her. We sat down to a fancy dinner complete with glass tableware and excellent food...we both felt special. We ended up hanging out at their house for almost four hours we had so much fun.

And now we've got two more days full of Christmas parties and Christmas dinners before we pack up and head north for the holidays. With the Christmas shopping done, I hope I can remember to stop and savor the moments this Christmas week.

No comments: