Monday, December 8, 2008

Six months

Today, Kayla has officially been in my care for six months, which is the legal time in Arkansas that a child must live with you before the adoption is finalized. Our court date, for whatever reason, has been set in February. But I still can't believe it has been six months. It has gone by fast. I remember thinking when she first moved in that there is no way I can do this all day every day and yet I have been doing it for all these months. We went through the inevitable ugly transition period this summer and survived that period and since then it's been pretty smooth sailing with a few bumps in the road. Now, it feels like she has been in my life forever and I can't wait until she is "officially" mine forever.

1 comment:

Violet said...

Six months! Wow! Congratulations to both of you!! :)