Monday, August 4, 2008

Batman, Back-to-School shopping...and power outages

We did not stop moving for one second this weekend. We got the car Friday, grabbed a quick cheeseburger and then went to see The Dark Knight. It was everything a movie should be and didn't scare me near as bad as I thought it would. I was worried about Kayla but she thought the Joker was hysterical. The worst part was Two-Face--I had to cover my eyes every time he came on the screen. That face will give you nightmares.

Saturday was back-to-school shopping day and Kayla needed a whole new wardrobe. We found some great deals at Old Navy, Target and Belk and she was so excited to get new clothes for school and already laid out what she is wearing the first week. We watched August Rush later that night and Kayla now wants to go to Juilliard. She looked it up and found out she needed $55,000 to go and vowed to save her allowance for the next six years.

Sunday we went to church and then to my best friend Mollie's little girl's 5th birthday. It's hard to believe Skylar is 5--I was there when she was born. Then Kayla went to youth group and we came home and I was so exhausted I could barely move. I was so looking forward to getting a good night's sleep. Then I was awoken at 11:30 at night to find the power out. The house was pitch black and getting warm fast. I lit a candle and laid on the couch waiting for it to come back on and bemoaning the fact that I just spent $100 on groceries that are now going bad in the powerless refrigerator. The power did not come back on until 5:30 this morning and I maybe got 3 or 4 hours of sleep. So I am now looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight and crossing my fingers that I get one.

No comments: