Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend

We had a good weekend. We went to see Journey to the Center of the Earth Friday night in 3-D. It had been ages since I had seen a movie in 3-D and it was awesome. The movie was kind-of cheesy but the special effects were a lot of fun and Kayla loved it. Some friends of mine took her to a pool party with some other kids Saturday and I got some much needed rest. It's amazing how much better you feel after a few hours of recharging--I haven't been able to do that in so long. Saturday night, The Children's Theatre held open auditions and we went, along with 100 other kids, but she really enjoyed it. She talked about it all night and showed me the dance they taught her. The odds of her making it are slim and she knows that but she wants to try again so that's a good sign. Sunday night I took her to youth group and told her to just try it out and if she absolutely hated it she didn't have to go. As I left her there, I just knew she was going to hate me for dropping her off with a bunch of strangers. However, one of her old school friends was there that she thought she'd never see again and she came home all excited about it and looking forward to the swim party they are having next week. We pretty much drove all over the city this weekend using up good quantities of $4.00 gas so I am counting down the days when I get off the waiting list for my new 36 mpg car. I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Kristi,

Thanks for commenting on my blog. When I have some time, I'll go back and read your archives so I can catch up on your story.

Those first months are hard -- very hard. I completely remember being at work and having to go into the bathroom at 4pm to cry a bit, because I was going to have to go pick Slugger up. I loved him, but he wore me out so much -- physically and emotionally.

It definitely does get better and the rewards get bigger and bigger. If you ever have any questions or just want to chat with someone who's been there, feel free to email me. My email address is theopenwindow (at) charter (dot) net.